To children, there’s nothing like summertime! Relaxed schedules, more time with family and friends, and of course, summer camp! Camp is an essential place where kids grow socially and emotionally, build lasting friendships, and develop important skills that benefit them throughout the school year.
Apachi Day Camp is focused on children’s healthy development with camper care at the forefront. In Chicago, Apachi Northside, Old Town, Irving Park and Hyde Park locations, all have a dedicated team of professionals, Community Care specialists, who support campers’ social, emotional and physical well-being. The mental health and social emotional development initiatives employed each summer include:
- Offering mindfulness activities to build awareness and observation skills
- Leading yoga sessions centered around learning relaxing breathing techniques, focusing exercises and calming stretches
- Setting up “peace spaces” around camp to help campers regulate their bodies and feelings
- Holding group sessions focused on role playing and problem solving around conflict with peers for groups needing extra support
- Giving campers access to therapeutic stress relief and fidget toys, and mindfulness and social emotional coping skills books
Apachi Day Camp’s community is profoundly impacted by the commitment to campers’ wellbeing. One Apachi mom said:
“My child felt safe, encouraged, and himself. I firmly believe this has been a transformative summer for him. Thank you all so much. He can’t wait to go back next summer. Please let his counselors know how much I appreciate their willingness to share their experiences with ADHD. It really destigmatized it for him.”
Apachi Day Camp focuses on supporting each camper’s whole self. This is why so many say “It’s Not Just Day Camp. It’s So Much More!”. Apachi’s caring camp community coupled with a huge variety of fun activities and camp traditions including sports, arts & crafts, science, performing arts, Shabbat Celebrations, Maccabi Games, Theme Days and spirited song sessions, make for one unforgettable summer. There is an Apachi Day Camp experience available at the Northside, Old Town, Irving Park and Hyde Park camp locations for children 3 years – 7th grade + Counselors in Training (8th-10th grade). For more information, visit www.apachi.org.
*This blog post contains sponsored content